I am really happy to announce that version 1.0 of the Okra App Framework has officially been released. For those new to the framework, it is an MVVM framework designed from the ground up to be great for creating Windows apps. Dependency injection is baked in to allow you to create easy to maintain, test and reuse code. A number of advanced features allow simple integration with application settings, app-to-app sharing and search. In addition a full set of Visual Studio templates is available to get you started with MVVM development.
For more information checkout the Okra Framework website.
You can get the Okra App Framework now by installing the Visual Studio extension, from NuGet or GitHub. Full details on how to download the framework are available here.
In addition to the release of the framework we have,
- A new blog for all the latest news and updates on the framework
- Documentation covering everything from download instructions to advanced navigation scenarios
- Updated sample projects
- A new end-to-end application sample, Okra-Todo
Changes from v0.9.8
- Settings panes can now derive from SettingsFlyout - This allows you to use the full Visual Studio designer experience for the settings pane UI
- The Visual Studio settings pane template now derives from SettingsFlyout by default
- All classes/methods/properties/events marked as obsolete in v0.9.8 have been removed for the v1.0 release
- A number of other minor bug fixes